(Submission deadline passed)
Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MOPR), Government of India, invites nominations from citizens, for a short film of 90 seconds to 180 seconds on Success story of Panchayat(s), which aims at recognizing the creative efforts towards presenting the best practices in Panchayats. The film may be in any technical format. These entries may be submitted in English, Hindi or any regional language. The last date for the entries to be accepted in the Ministry is 30th September 2016.
There will be five awards for the best films selected.
- First prize - Rs. 7.50 lakh
- Second Prize - Rs. 5.00 lakh.
- Three prizes for 3rd position - Rs. 2.50 lakh for each
The awardees will be given a certificate and cash prize. For Terms of References (TORs) and other details, interested persons may visit the Ministry’s website www.panchayat.gov.in
- Any Indian citizen can send his/her entry. There is no bar on the number of films sent by an individual for competing in the Contest for Best Short film on Success Story of Panchayat(s) Award organized by MoPR. However, each application should have one film only and films sent once for the MoPR’s contest for Best Short film on inspirational success story award, may not compete again under this scheme.
- The applicant should attach his/her identity, such as, Aadhar Card, Voter Identity Card, PAN Card, Driving License or any other valid proof of identity issued by a Government authority.
- Entry Fee: There is no entry fee.
- Theme of the film: Inspirational success story of Panchayats highlighting the unique initiatives undertaken by the Panchayats or best practices followed in order to improve the quality of life of the villagers including socio–economic upliftment.
- Each entry should accompany with a brief theme and synopsis of the film in writing, in not more than 100 words in English,Hindi or any Regional language .
- Language of the film: English, Hindi or any regional language.
- Duration of the film: Duration of the short film should be about 90-180 seconds.
- Film format: Short films may be shot in any technical format or camera set-up or in animation.
- Title & Credits: Each film should depict its title and credits, including the names of the producer, writer and director, etc.
How to apply
- Duly filled in application form along with requisite documents, DVD of the film and its theme and synopsis kept inside an envelope should reach to the Deputy Secretary (Media), Room No. 127, First Floor, Sardar Patel Bhawan, Parliament Street, New Delhi 110001 on or before 30th September 2016. The applicant should write his/her complete postal address, telephone and mobile number as well as e-mail address in the application form.
- The film DVD should be carefully packed to avoid damage and should clearly mention “Entry Best Short film on Success Story of Panchayat(s) Award contest. Ministry of Panchayati Raj, will not be responsible for the damages, if any, to the DVD in transit.
Click here for application form
Click here for terms and condition